FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pullman Naithon Arcadia vs Pullman Phuket Panwa?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:15 am
PabloM

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
I was at Pullman Arcadia Naithon last week and I’m at Pullman Panwa now.

Both resorts are great, however, if I was to come back, I’d choose Arcadia Naithon Beach every time.

Arcadia Naithon Beach:

- overall, a nicer, more modern resort. I love the rooms, design, outlook over the beach - just feels secluded and so pretty.
- food options are hands down way much better. Restaurants have amazing food, and the quality is so much better.
- I’ve stayed at Naithon now twice. This year, the beach was perfect. Safe to swim at and clean. Whereas I’ve stayed before in May and the beach wasn’t safe to swim in and lots of rubbish. So time of year depends.
- better options for food and massages out on the street in Naithon Beach.
- this resort feels like a Pullman. Typical Pullman designs and feeling.
- it is slightly more expensive on the basic room front, but on this trip, I found if I wasn’t booking the cheapest room, that NaiThon Beach was actually cheaper.
- one downside is you won’t get a room upgrade to a pool villa here.

Panwa Beach
- I can tell it was a Marriott in its former life. Feels like an “American” resort, not a Pullman
- rooms are amazing. We booked a Junior Suite and were upgraded to a Pool Villa - 3 categories above.
- pool area is amazing - really has a “Beach Club” vibe to it with a swim up bar, music and food around the pool.
- I only know of one happy hour from 1-3pm and limited drinks on offer. Didn’t know there was a second one - have been told only one.
- free kayak and stand up paddle boards for use when the tide is in. When the tide is out, it’s out a long way and the water is not that nice with the port around the corner.
- food is not the best. We ate at the Thai restaurant the first night and it’s some of the worst Thai we’ve ever had. My wife got food poisoning from the other international restaurant last night.
- location isn’t as good - more remote, although there is a free bus to Central Festival Phuket shopping centre each day.
- probably cooler here with better breezes than Naithon Beach.

Both have pros and cons, but I definitely prefer Naithon Beach - although Panwa isn’t bad.