FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]
View Single Post
Old Jan 20, 2019, 7:17 pm
demue

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by gregorio1
Taking into account comments here that email communication is not IC Bali's strong suit:

I booked 5 nights on points in April. Have read that I would likely be able to upgrade to a club room for $$, so I wrote the hotel asking for an offer. No reply. Has anybody any experience upgrading a basic points room? I would just like to know what I can expect and not be surprised when I get there with, "Oh, that will be 300/night (or whatever)."

Again, willing to pay for the upgrade if it matches value provided.

Thanks for any info.
If you go a few pages back in this thread you will see reports that of late the first offer will likely be a quote that takes BAR for Classic / Jimbaran Deluxe vs. BAR for Club room and tells you to pay the difference in rate between the two which can exceed 200$ before 21% tax and service are added. Not very attractive.

Beyond that maybe down to your negotiation skills. For 200$ a day you can create your own Club experience and have much more substantial food throughout the day with a couple of drinks and all that.