FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rude to suggest that people line up before boarding?
Old Jan 20, 2019, 3:55 pm
ibrandsguest

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
Originally Posted by jmj9905
I don't understand why the person used the words "white privilege". As far as I know, if you have the money or points you can fly F. Why do you have to throw race in the mix?
I wasn't the one who claimed that "white privilege" applied; I simply am reporting what one person stated, and that statement froze up others from proceeding.

I was behind 2 other people in front of the sign at the boarding lane. The guy who called for Zone 1 people to line up might have been arrogant about being in Zone 1, but perhaps he just saw that there were other Zone 1 people milling around.

Originally Posted by Uncle Nonny
CK Boards before Group 1. People needing assistance board before Group 1. Why gum up the process? To gain an extra 5 seconds?
I thought that it helped things; rather than having people milling around the boarding area, as gate lice, people moved to one side of the unused boarding lane, freeing up space elsewhere, and the lane was wide enough that CK members could board through it, and there were people who boarded in wheelchairs through the other lane.

I've seen gate agents require this before, and I actually liked it, whoever was pushing for it.

Last edited by ibrandsguest; Jan 20, 2019 at 4:14 pm