FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Times Square {US-NY}
View Single Post
Old Jan 20, 2019, 10:09 am
xooz

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Yeah dude, it isnt a secret, I have spent plenty of time crawling through Queens on that thing. At LGA you wait for the thing forever, and then it is mobbed as a million people try to chaotically push on. My main takeaways every time are that 1) I am never taking that bus again, and 2) I really need to get out and eat some South Asian food in that area, because there are so many awesome looking places. But business, personal, whatever, these days the cost savings are just not worth it to me, and I doubt to OP either.

Speaking to the greater discussion, of course, in most cities I use public transport to go to and from the airport. I was not being a snob, just realistic about the situation of the OP. London, Tokyo, Moscow, wherever, they're all great. Just not NYC.
Understood that the LGA bus service is not for everyone. Clearly though while not a secret, it is not something everyone knows about, including the OP perhaps. One could look at the "mobbed, chaotic" boarding as good prep work for the rest of the NYC experience. Maybe there's a Darwinian aspect of that at work...