FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Phuket/Khao Lak hotels? (Pullman Naithon,Pullman Phuket Panwa,or La Vela Khao Lak)
Old Jan 20, 2019, 4:16 am
chinmoylad
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by Cat88L3
Hello everyone. I'm torn as to where to spend my last 4 nights in Thailand. This will be my first Thailand trip. On this trip, I would have stayed in Koh Samui (7 nights split between 2 sides of the island) and Koh Phagnan (3 nights) previously. I'm going solo in July. Yes, I know it's rainy season. July/Aug is the only time I can do extensive travel. This is why I'm spending more time on the Gulf of Thailand.

I have no desire to do any shopping or adventure related tours. The most I would do is a day trip to the Phi Phi islands.
I like upscale hotels and great/very good beaches are a must. I'm looking to just chill at the beach, hang at cool bars, and have some opportunities for mixing/mingling with others.

Which area/hotel should stay at? My choices are Naithon Beach (Phuket-Pullman Arcadia Naithon), Makham Bay (Phuket-Pullman Phuket Panwa), or Khao Lak (Bang Niang Beach-La Vela Khao Lak) Thanks for your help and suggestions!
A few things:
- Have you been to Thailand before? There is no real benefit to doing Phuket + Koh Samui in the same trip.
- Why splitting your stay on two sides of the island in Koh Samui? Koh Samui is tiny - even with traffic it takes ~1 hour to get from one side to the other. If you really are keen to do Phuket + Koh Samui in one trip, I'd split the Phuket trip into main Phuket and an island/area nearby (like Krabi or Yao Noi etc).
- Khao Lak is quite isolated.
- None of the hotels you listed are really relevant for this forum, unfortunately. However, you may want to try The Surin in Phuket if you want something inexpensive but good to relax; it has perhaps the main island's finest beach (attached to a resort). However, not really sure it would fit your 'hang at cool bars' and 'mix/mingle' scene you're looking for.