FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TK BKK-IST-USA (JFK/ORD/ATL) J Business ~$2700
Old Jan 20, 2019, 12:31 am
MegatopLover

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
TK BKK-IST-USA (JFK/ORD/ATL) J Business ~$2700

Was searching for BKK-ATL-vv or BKK-NYC-vv in November-December (very near EOS) and found these fares. Best connection times and days operated are NYC, of course. I took the shorter connection at IST to go into JFK and will buy a o/w positioning ticket home to ATL. ATL-IST doesn’t operate 7 days a week, so had to adjust by a day, but the ATL flight will go 787 sometime between now and then ^.

Saw some routings via ORD with a connection onto UA to get home to ATL. So I’m guessing ORD as a destination is also an option. Didn’t check other TK ports in US, such as BOS, IAD, and MIA (?). No idea of seasonality, just happened to find it near EOS. Fare seemed to be fairly flexible in terms of length of stay, but one day in the week (or even one flight leaving Bangkok instead of another) can spike the fare.

Couldn’t find a list of T&C’s for this fare. Suggest searching on google flights. I tried Expedia but it wasn’t showing the best fares google had. TK.com did have them, though. I bought directly from TK.

Very good fare for these routes. Not mistake territory. But sure struck me as “jump on it now” good. So I did.

Hope this find might be useful to others.

Last edited by MegatopLover; Jan 20, 2019 at 12:37 am