FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WS Plat/Gold, Post your Upgrade Sucess Here
Old Jan 19, 2019, 8:40 pm
Arthurrs

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Gold, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
When my automatic upgrade didn't happen for my transborder flight despite spending extra $$ for a flex fare, when I spoke with the platinum support line, I pointed out that is was silly for me to spend extra dollars on a flex fare with the hopes that Westjet will fulfill their promised benefit to upgrade me to plus if it randomly doesn't happen for some odd reason, despite the cabin being practically empty. I could have spent less money, got a cheap economy fare, then paid for the upgrade to plus at T-48, less fussing on seats! While I appreciate promised benefits as a top tier member, it's inconsistencies like this that may not have the desired effect if they want more revenue from me.

As a platinum tier member, if there are seats open at the front of the plane, I'd love to be upgraded! Whether it happens at T-48, T-24, or at the gate, let's get some consistency. They have some loyalty from me, how about something in return?

Last edited by Arthurrs; Jan 19, 2019 at 9:22 pm