FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Montreal to Narita - Upgrade to Premium Economy?
Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:12 pm
belky15

Programs: SPG Lifetime Gold
Montreal to Narita - Upgrade to Premium Economy?

Travelling from YHZ-YUL-NRT on January 31st (AC7671/05). We are in economy with row 18 seats (H/J) as we paid the $125 for preferred seating. The thought of the long flight triggered me to think about premium economy. I had considered it when I booked but it was pretty high at that time. Recently, I looked at the bid process to upgrade. The minimum bid is $500 and they say that there is little chance at that bid. To get to a point where AC says that its a good bid is actually higher than when I looked at it originally. Wondering what FTers think about the bid upgrade situation for this particular flight and the information above. Also,I wonder if there are any scenarios that could put us into premium economy (you guys have seen everything). I have been retired for some time so I have no AC status. I know that the upgrade is not likely and I haven't paid for it so I have limited expectations. Seat Guru indicates that the seats we have are the best economy seats for this flight so I guess that is a good fall back. Thx