FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - J Passengers can pay for Al Sawfa Access - Now 600 QAR
Old Jan 19, 2019, 3:59 pm
skunker

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by tokyolyon
So I just had a chance to try the paid access. I was on QR J traveling to Tunis. I had 8 hour layover ( intentionally chosen) from around mid night till 9 AM the next morning. After arriving from KWI went straight to Al Safwa lounge and asked for paid access. The staff on duty said she needs to call in her supervisor as he will bring the credit card reading machine so that I can pay. Less than 2 minutes he arrived and I paid the 250 QAR. Then got in, had a nice dinner, then straight to my sleeping room where I slept around 5 hours. Took a shower in the morning then breakfast. I found this option very very nice and its really worth every penny you pay especially when you have a long layover. I was the only passenger at the lounge. what a treat hope it stays though.
I am in the middle of a long layover and tried to purchase access, but was told I couldn’t as it exceeded the 6 hour maximum. I don’t know if you lucked out with your 8 hours or if they just started it.