FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hertz Customer Satisfaction Car Rental Certificate Question
Old Jan 18, 2019, 6:57 pm
randix

Funny you should mention that...

Originally Posted by JTPandme2
I received a $$$ car rental certificate from Hertz. Can it be used with an online booking? I'm frustrated because it appears it can only be used with a pay later rental. The difference of the fare between pay now and pay later is more than my certificate so it makes no sense to use it at all. Seems this was a useless "sorry for your trouble" certificate.

Can anyone tell me if my CC can be credited later with the $100 if I use pay now when booking online? Or is there a way to enter a code online to deduct the $$$ certificate amount?

Thanks
I got one a few months ago in lovely Des Moines, Iowa (actually, the agents there were incredibly down to earth, normal and nice)... it's my understanding that you can (read: you have to) show up at the COUNTER (remember those things, before Hertz and National, etc. made it possible to go straight to your car), present the certificate, and then get the amount deducted from your current rental. With regard to your statement that "On the certificate it says must be presented before the end of the next rental", mine doesn't say that.