FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Upsell Offers to Business/First at Purchase and Day of Departure (TOD) [Archive]
Old Jan 18, 2019, 4:58 pm
VWang1111

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by chicago747
I posted this question in the TOD thread but no luck getting a response.

If I book a one way saver award in economy going CUN-ORD using Air Canada miles will I be offered a buy up price to business if I view the award on United.com? I know seat maps aren't the most reliable indicator of loads, but all 20 J seats show available. If there's no chance of getting any type of offer we'll probably just pay cash outright. But as I have a small orphaned amount of AC miles, I'd rather use those if there;s a chance of getting a buy up anywhere near the difference between the current coach and business price.

If this was answered some where in the TOD thread, mods please merge this there. Thanks guys!
There's been multiple reports of partner ticketed UA metal flights offering TOD buyups at check in. If the inventory levels stay high, you can almost be guaranteed to see one.