FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:51 pm
JIMCHI

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by Boraxo
The only reason we stay at HR is due to the price (approx $140/nt all-in on the timeshare sales pitch) - if I was using cash or points I'm almost certain I'd pick the Andaz, for the reasons listed. Although we've always been treated well by HR staff our interaction is normally pretty limited so I can't see how this would trump other factors. Proximity to overpriced restaurants in Lahaina is not a plus in my book. Of course one could say the same about Wailea, but Kihei offers a wealth of reasonably priced options. Unfortunately the pool scene has deteriorated significantly at HR, so if your primary objective is to enjoy the beach and pool it seems like Andaz is an easy winner. Makena and Kihei state beaches are also better than anything you'll find near Kapalua/Lahaina.

Would be curious to hear about the Andaz clientele as we found the guests at HR to be a huge minus.
What has changed at the HR pool that you say it's deteriorated? Also, when we stay there we frequent the Regency Club and have a lot of interaction with the great staff.