FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your Emirates Skywards Questions Answered - 2019/2020
Old Jan 18, 2019, 1:35 pm
wjbesh

Programs: AA EP, UA 1K
I searched the forum but couldn't find anything exactly on this (but if there's a thread I should go look at, please let me know!) - I was looking at an award flight from JFK-MXP on Aug 23 yesterday and availability was pretty open on the 23rd and a few days before and after for around 103k miles and $600 (I was toying with leaving on the 22nd or 24th, believe those days also had availability F). After putting together some other parts of my trip, I went back to book that flight today and not only is there no longer any F award availability on the 23rd, but the whole week before and week after, now only business is available in that entire window. While possible, it seems unlikely to me that all the JFK-MXP F award seats spread across that 1 week period were booked over the last 24 hours, so I guess my question is...is this something that happens often with Skywards? I'm not too familiar with the program, but does F availability get released and then rescinded? And if so does it get released again? Or am I just SOL on this one... Thanks for the help!