FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2019
Old Jan 18, 2019, 11:08 am
sdfl

Originally Posted by DYKWIA

You get lounge access in the FlyDubai lounge (as you mentioned). What exactly are you expecting, access to the EK lounges in T3? That won't be possible as you can't get back into T3 without a T3 boarding pass. You'll need to schlep over to T2 to the FlyDubai lounge.
Yes, I was expecting EK lounge access. When I fly Singapore Airlines connecting to their code share/regional carrier, SilkAir, in Singapore I get KrisFlyer lounge access. When I fly Cathay Pacific connecting to Cathay Dragon in Hong Kong, I get Cathay Pacific lounge access. When I fly Japan Airlines connecting to their code shared Cathay Pacific flight in Tokyo, I get access to the JAL lounge. My understanding is that my Emirates flight arriving in T3 would give me access to T3 facilities up until the point I take the shuttle bus over to T2. At least that is what I was told by the Dubai International Hotel in T3 when I contacted them to ask about room options during this layover. The hotel representative stated I would be fine as long as I did not leave T3 until I was ready to shuttle over to T2. Are you saying I will be required to transit to T2 as soon at I disembark my Emirates flight in T3?