FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (from Oct. 2018)
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:54 am
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by helvetic
Interesting your experience with Hyatt has been so negative.
Hyatt used to have the best options in NYC, but the two Andaz have really declined. Andaz 5th is really only a reasonable option if you're Globalist or luck into a spectacularly cheap rate. Otherwise, there's no way it's worth the normal rates given the lack of basic services and amenities (including breakfast now in basement). WS the interior is literally falling apart, the service and breakfast are pathetic, and the property has always had problems with heating/cooling. I suppose it's a decent option if you're looking for a $125 rate on a winter weekend, but that's really about what it's worth these days.

These are basically the same types of complaints many have with the SPG/Marriott options. Dumpy properties with indifferent service and limited amenities. I feel NYC is now a city I need to take the program blinders off in order to assess overall value. Particularly with 5x AMEX now available on many FHR bookings.