Old Jan 18, 19, 5:41 am
jfallesen

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by rapidex View Post
Mrs rapidex just had her Amex card compromised. Amex were a bit cagey but the fraud representative mentioned the BA data breach. Card cancelled, and a new card on the way.
Got text and e-mal very early yesterday morning to confirm whether I had made a transaction with YOOX.NET. As I had not reacted within a couple of hours, they then called me. Confirmed card was in my possession and that I was not behind the transaction and they blocked the card immediately. In less than two hours, my Google Pay had been auto-updated so I could still pay contactless using my phone but now with the new card and the new physical card arrived today. Very impressed.

The main negative is all the time I have now spent (and still need to spend) to update the card details everywhere followed by having to pay 100 taxes and surcharges for a redemption booking on a different card yesterday so only 100 Avios earnt rather than the 300. I think I can live with that. :-)

Strangely, my BAPP no longer has any Avios information on the online account which Amex today told me could take a couple of days to reappear. They promised I would still be earning Avios and not lose the ones earnt in the past 23 weeks on buying a couple of TP runs. Fingers crossed.