FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How much time in a schedule change will allow me to request an earlier flight?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 3:17 am
tuxedo66

Originally Posted by Rebound
Just tell them it's too late and to put you on the earlier flight. I've done this before many times. I've even moved a flight to one much later in the day.
Thanks very much Rebound. I rang them and they gladly put me on an earlier flight even though the schedule change was very small. I asked what the policy was, whether there was a cut-off time. She said even with a five minute change, they allow rebook on request, which surprised me a little.

I've had Air New Zealand bigger schedule changes before. They were accompanied by a link for managing the booking (rebook) or an invitation to phone in if the new schedule was unsuitable. For this minor one, there was no such thing, so it led me to assume it was "take it or leave it". But I was wrong. You don't ask, you don't get.

The new flight had just been downgauged from a B777 to an A320 so the price had more than doubled as well. So the 30 minutes spent on hold (speakerphone) was well worth it.