FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Transcon Service SFO-EWR/BOS, LAX-EWR flights-Questions&Experiences {Archive}
Old Jan 17, 2019, 9:53 pm
risenmyth

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
E+ on the Premium Trans fights " receive a complimentary hot entrée, fruit and dessert, as well as their choice of free alcoholic beverages, including our featured cocktail and more. " I think the food is downsized for redeyes.

No, what in particular are you concerned about. It is a 5-ish hour flight.

Probaby the most significant missing item is Polaris Lounge access but UC access is included.
Not so much concerned! But I just want to know what I can expect to receive and if there will be any changes since it's still 6 months away.

Originally Posted by findark
No. UA has no intention of offering full Polaris service on domestic routes -- as WineCountryUA asked, is there a particular aspect you want to experience?

You can't pre-order meals on UA. However, sitting as far forward in the cabin as you are, I would not really worry about it. The odds of not getting your first choice are pretty small. Only 1K and GS get priority; all other status pax are treated equally to you.

As noted, having more than two drinks at once is probably too many If you intend to partake heavily, the rate-limiting factor is usually how often an FA comes by and makes eye contact with you. Some (a minority IME) figure out which pax want their glass perpetually full and take care of it. Many others spend an hour or more in the galley between service rounds. Like everything else on UA, it's consistently inconsistent.
I've never been to a lounge anywhere in the world that I would deliberately get to the airport early to experience (a second) time. (Okay, there are some that are worth planning out your first & only stop, and I would e.g. show up for dinner in the Polaris Lounge before attempting EWR-LHR, but those are exceptions.)

Lounges are great when the unpredictability of how long it takes to get to EWR means you have 40 minutes to kill airside; I would never make a plan with the purpose of getting additional UC time.

Yes, "Premier Access" as it's called on United.
Ah no pre-orders, I see. I have really front seats (2B and 1A) on both legs. So I shouldn't worry too much.
I do have a United Explorer Card as well, so I'd love to go once or twice to experience what they have to offer. But my business flight comes with free United Club entrance, so I'd save those 2 free passes for some other time. Is there any

1) Is it often odd or weird to walk up to the galley? or is it encouraged when you want something? As opposed to ringing a FA signal light
2) Is it ever recommended to check-in at the counter as opposed to online (when I don't need to check-in any luggage)?
3) What group will I board as with a business seat? My United Explorer card says that I'm allowed at Group 2, but does my business boarding ticket allow Group 1?