FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Transcon Service SFO-EWR/BOS, LAX-EWR flights-Questions&Experiences {Archive}
Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:50 pm
risenmyth

Originally Posted by findark
Neither is marketed as United Polaris, but the 787-10 will have the new Polaris seat.
It's a slightly toned-down version of the international Business service. United Club access in EWR and LAX, four course meal (appetizer, salad, main, dessert of ice cream with toppings). Arrival service of some sort (I think it's wraps now?). Seats are guaranteed lie-flat.
No. Not to say that it's bad per se, but I wouldn't "look forward" to it, either. Most food on UA is acceptable, but not remarkable.
Not meaningfully, no. It is possible you might not get your first choice of main meal, but that's about it.
Thank you so much for the answer.
So they won't have full Polaris service, even for the 787-10? That's a bit unfortunate but can't be helped. Would it matter that I say that the flight would be early July? Would the 5-6 months make a difference between the service?

A few more questions:
1) For the first choice of main meal, is it possible that I just request it beforehand and hope for the best?
2) What are the drink (alcohol) etiquette? Am I allowed to ask for multiple drinks or is it frowned upon or depends on the attendant?
3) I have read that the EWR United Club is pretty mediocre and the LAX one is decidedly the best. Is it even worth visiting the EWR one or just arrive later than planned and head straight to the gate?
4) I would have business check-in (if necessary) when I arrive at the United terminal, right?

Thank you again!