FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: NEWBIE LOUNGE 2019: Ask "Newbie" AA Questions Here (flame free)
Old Jan 17, 19, 7:36 pm
JJeffrey

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by NPZ View Post
I booked a last minute flight from ORD to CDG with a 4 hour layover in DFW. The price was too good to pass up. I put a request to upgrade to business with points and the lovely $350. I've never tried to upgrade but I have a decent amount of points now so I figured why not. When do you find out if you receive the upgrade or not?

I've also recently acquired Platinum Pro level. Does that get me any type of lounge access on international flights?
You just have to keep an eye out on your reservation at aa.com to see if you've been upgraded. Or set an alert at ExpertFlyer for C space on your DFW-CDG segment and give AA a call whenever it appears and ask them to process your upgrade.

And PLT Pro is oneworld Sapphire, so you have access to any of the business class lounges along your way. This includes the Flagship Lounge at ORD and the temp Premium Lounge at DFW. On the way home, you can visit either the CX lounge or Admirals Club at CDG as well.