FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclays retention offers (all cards)
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:23 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ptsailor
One of the great things about this board is the vast amount of useful information available. One of the drawbacks of this board is the vast amount of information one must read through in order to find the single nugget needed at a given time. With that in mind, and with apologies if these answers are somewhere in preceding 140 pages, I ask the following questions:

1. How long after the annual fee has posted has there been success in getting a retention offer? (I presume just during the refund period spelled out in the Ts&Cs, but asking to be sure as this would always mean bluffing a willingness to forgo the Companion Certificate if that spending threshold is met.)
2. What are the recently typical offers with regards to the Aviator Aadvantage Silver Elite MC?

Thanks in advance!

PT
Take a look at this blog. While it doesn't have much Barclay-specific info, it has some info about retention offer timing in general that may surprise you:

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/reten...nus-each-year/

For question 2, you may want to "Search This Thread" (scroll up to see that right above the first post on the page) for the word "Silver". Aviator Silver is the only Barclay card that I know that has the word "Silver" in it.