Old Jan 17, 19, 3:30 pm
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Definitely the grass is not always greener elsewhere.
In APAC, no doubt Accor/LCAH is great (the same can likely be true for other hotel groups), but I am very happy with Accor there (100% of my stays or close to).
In Europe, LCAH treatment is not the best in France (except Pullman/Sofitel), but is not bad at all usually in the rest of Europe, so 90% of my stays are with Accor (100% when I have the choice and control).
In the US, legacy Accor is very good but little presence. New properties (Fairmont) are out of my personal and business budget. I travel a lot there and so stay a lot at Hilton, SPG/Mariott, Hyatt properties. Most of them are disappointing and even very poor sometimes. I spread a lot between the big groups and so am only Silver in some of the programs. But I have been Hilton Gold many times and have never been impressed by benefits (I mean not more than with Accor). Starwood properties (excluding Sheraton) are better usually.
- South America : I don't travel a lot there, but I mostly stay at Accor properties and had great stays.

The lack of life-time status with Accor is becoming worrisome...

Last edited by Goldorak; Jan 19, 19 at 8:03 am