FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unaware of separate ticketing baggage policy, I paid the price. Don’t like it!
Old Jan 17, 2019, 3:04 pm
tomj888

Programs: UA1K, 1MM,AA Exec. Platinum, Global Entry, Nexus
Another example of how AA doesn't care

Recently flew AA 108/109 LAX-LHR in first class. Was originally going to be a London trip. At the last minute due to great snow conditions in Europe, I added a BA flight to GVA. The records were NOT bundled. At Flagship check-in, I was told that because I had two separate PNR's they would not check my bags to my final destination. I asked why, then after nobody gave me an answer, I asked how they could not check my bags. I played the Ex Plat, FC paying customer card all to no avail. Of course, we were late to LHR and I had to scramble from T3-T5 and missed my flight due to a short connection. I did calculate that had my luggage been tagged to GVA, I would have made my flight. AA did not care!.
I think that is poor customer service. I wrote to AA customer care and four emails back and forth and all I am able to get out of AA is we value you. Thanks for your business when what I wanted was my two expiring SWU's being credited to my account for 2019. I think that is fair compensation. I earned them and I just didn't have to use them. I"m not asking for money or miles. I'm about to post these on other social media outlets. Does anyone have any other suggestions please?

thank you in advance.

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 17, 2019 at 3:31 pm Reason: Restore original post title