FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (from Oct. 2018)
Old Jan 16, 2019, 10:09 pm
helvetic

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
I've stayed at a bunch of the NYC-area Marriotts. It's one of the city with poorest representation in Starriott. There are no standouts, and nothing that can be had at a reasonable price. I have never stayed at the only two hotels in NYC that seem nice: the St. Regis and the Chatwell, because they are never reasonably priced (unlike many high-end Hyatts like the Andaz on 5th). Here are quick reviews of all the NYC area hotels I've stayed at w/ Marriott:

- Four Points Downtown: awful
- W Downtown: decent, but bad location, and a bit old looking
- W Times Square: dilapidated
- Maxwell: dreadful, falling apart, minuscule rooms
- AC Times Square: great restaurant, ok rooftop bar, basic decent room
- Moxy Times Square: tiny rooms, a bit too "corporate hip" but can be alright value in a pinch. sceny. decent bar / public spaces. fund design
- Sheraton Tribeca: old, messy, feels cheap. rooftop lounge has annoying service and bad offerings, but good views from the outdoor deck
- Sheraton Times Square: abomination
- Westin Times Square: 10x abomination 2.0. one of the worst breakfast offerings
- Aloft Long Island City: good value, cheap, basic, but joke of a breakfast. location is surprisingly convenient, very well connected for being across the east river
- Lexington Hotel: bad, tiny rooms, lousy bar, half of F&B shut down for… reasons
- W Hoboken: usually pricey, but nice modern rooms and good views of manhattan. good breakfast. solid bar. annoying NJ crowds. the only W in NYC that doesn't look like it needs a refresh. annoying to cross the hudson, but not a bad place to stay when the price is good and you're flying in/out of EWR

That's all I can think of right now, thought I'm sure there others, and every Manhattan Hyatt.