FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - corporate travel policies for discounted first class
Old Jan 16, 2019, 8:42 pm
eng3

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by pmarrsouth

Is this rule part of your contract with your company?

If so then there should be no question about traveling J, regardless of what the project company says - as it’s part of your contract to be allowed fly J

Either your company needs to insist that project company pays for J, or your company pays the extra out of their pocket

Understandable if you don’t want to rock the boat though

No, I an am employee of the company I work for and am not under any contract with them thus my company can institute whatever rules they want. (Though there is an ineffective union but nothing in the union contract regarding travel) The project managers get the latitude to institute restrictions on spending their project's budget as they see fit to be more restrictive than company policy (typically not less restrictive). Also, sometimes the travel stipulation is part of the contract between my company and the customer. It that case, the company may pay out of its own pocket to fly me J as long as it doesnt bill the customer for the extra cost. This is a company where most high level management is trying to tell employees that have "field engineer" type assignments that they can do their job using skype vs traveling. They'll spend a million dollars to save a dollar.

Last edited by eng3; Jan 16, 2019 at 8:52 pm