FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)
Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:49 pm
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
On the other hand, I checked in at a Marriott that I stay at a few times a year and was greeted as an ambassador at check in. I received an upgrade to a higher floor .... even though suites showed available on the app ... and I'd guess were actually available since there was less than 10 people in the concierge lounge on the times I was in there.
It's easy for properties and their apologists to claim the Marriott inventory was incorrect, but considering this is happening so often I really don't think Marriott's inventory management could be that off, this much. If it was, it would be impacting the sale of regular rooms, which would show up on the company's revenue reports to shareholders at some point.

It's obviously becoming a talking point for properties that play games, especially those managed by third parties, to blame Marriott and claim no suites are available.