FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Race to Diamond - 2020 Edition!
View Single Post
Old Jan 16, 2019, 2:46 pm
webmarks

Programs: UA GS, Delta PM/2MM, Marriott Ambassador Elite/Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rubey419
I'm curious what you all do as a career to be able to get to Diamond so early in the calendar year? I assume senior BD/sales, insurance, or a business owner/partner?

I feel lucky to have made Platinum late last year as a consultant. But my projects are more domestic and typically shorter distances, flying out of a non-major hub on the east coast. And with my line of consulting going more remote these days, I'm curious which professions remain the true road warriors! I can't imagine having 4+ MQS a week, every week seeing multiple clients. Although I see some of you booking Z Class that gets you to $15k MQD spend easily, shame my company doesn't allow that for us low level grunts, must be nice.
I'm a tech evangelist for a major software company. We have an active, worldwide ecosystem and I sit at the cusp between company and community. I generally clock 350k-400k BIS miles/year, mix of cabins based on pricing and timing.