FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Say Hello to Marriott Bonvoy, launches Feb 13, 2019
Old Jan 16, 2019, 1:50 pm
FlyingBeanCounter

Originally Posted by damon88

Yeah

Here I will differ from bhrubin —. It was Very important to me to reach LTPPE/T because I suspected when it was first announced that there might be meaningful differences going forward. I understand the frustration of younger members (on the SPG side) who joined in the last 8 years who could not have achieved LTPPE even if they had 75-100 nights each year since they joined the program. (My understanding is that Marriott members could have qualified in that time period). But less so for members with 10+ years. They had the same opportunity those of us earning LTPPE had to achieve that level.

Who knows though? In the future Marriott may relent and grant LTT to members with some combo of LT nights, status, spend.

OMG - if that happens can you IMAGINE the crying here on FT?

"Those no good whipper snappers don't deserve the same status as we esteemed older members do! Who cares if they did the same exact thing!".

Seriously, they will find a way to differentiate the two tiers. If they were not going to do that - why would they change the names? Why would they even note it at all?

One would have to either be a fool to think otherwise, or perhaps a LTPPE that doesn't want competition.