FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: NEWBIE LOUNGE 2019: Ask "Newbie" AA Questions Here (flame free)
Old Jan 16, 19, 7:27 am
JJeffrey

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer View Post
I have tons of miles in my AAdvantage account and I can't use them to fly AA anywhere international!!

Always availability in J and F on AA is zero and they wanted me to fly BA and pay the fuel surcharge!!

I wonder what other members are doing in such dilemma? Do I have to always fly BA and pay the massive fuel surcharge or just forget AA and switch to other airlines like UA or maybe AC?
This same complaint comes up on here about every day now. There's no denying that AA is very stingy with premium award space on its own metal. However with a little flexibility I am never able to replicate the same level of "nothing is available ever!!!" that is often thrown around.

For example, you say you can't find any space on anything "international," yet you mention BA, so are you specifically looking for Europe? A quick 5 min search at aa.com, filtered to show AA metal results only, reveals tons of dates over the next 3 months with sAAver business space open. I searched ORD-LHR/ZRH/BCN/FRA, etc.

ORD-LHR for example: