FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching)
Old Jan 15, 2019, 5:40 pm
RobertHanson

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
TWO of my brothers received the same postal mail today. One of my wife's sisters also appears to have received one (I don't open her mail but the exterior looks identical, and she doesn't get much mail except from Citi and AA). It's odd.

Those addressed to my brothers do name them ("Dear My Brother's Name...") and references the last 4 digits of cards that were not opened by anyone who lives here.

Now, it's true that there have been some Citi cards opened by folks in my house, but none that match the numbers on the letters. I'm left scratching my head wondering where those 4 digit numbers came from.

As an aside, I'm guessing that Citi is finding that their new 2X (at restaurants and gas stations) card benefit is not being used as much as they expected, and they think that by being more clear that should bump up those results. I'm not sure I would draw the same conclusion, but wish them luck. Now, if they offered 5X at office supply stores or grocery stores, I bet that would move the needle significantly.
HA! My twin brother, who doesn't have a credit history, just got that letter. Addressed to him, and listing a cc number that's never been given to anyone at our residence. What the ("heck") ?

Is Citi trying to get the person they have sent so many mailers, to call them to straighten this out? Cause I'm pretty sure most of us on this thread, if we hadn't read about it here, got one of these letters addressed to our actual name, with an account number listed that we have never received, would call Citi to find out what's up. Especially since no one yet has posted that they got that letter sent directly to them, only to the person who got the mailer. Hmmm....

So if someone gets this letter, and it's addressed to YOU, and not a "family member", please post about it here.