FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Business Insider compares Whataburger, In-N-Out, & Shake Shack: Says Whataburger Wins
Old Jan 15, 2019, 5:32 pm
kale73
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chollie
FWIW, I think most any burger is improved with the addition of good green chile.
Originally Posted by Dadaluma83
Green chile on a burger is definitely a winner.

Naturally the small mom and pop burger places in New Mexico have the best green chile cheeseburgers, but Lotaburger and to a lesser extent Whataburger have good green chile cheeseburgers for chain restaurants.

I wouldnt dare order a chile cheeseburger outside of New Mexico or maybe Arizona, for fear of the place putting that nasty bean chili on my burger instead of the chile plant variety.
Only places I've had green chili cheeseburgers in AZ (other than at home) are at the Painted Desert Diner (at Petrified Forest National Park's north entrance) and Mr. Maesta's in Holbrook. I'm sure there are others, especially in/around Springerville and Safford.

Every Subway® I've been to in NM offers green chilis as a topping.

Originally Posted by chollie
Freshly roasted New Mexico Hatch green chile - yum!

Also great on pizza.
I told the manager at the newly-opened Little Caesars in Holbrook they should offer green chilis as a topping; she thought it was a good idea but said I would have to suggest it to corporate. I'm almost certain they have them at the Gallup, NM location.