FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aeromexico-Like Dining in the 20th Best Restaurant In The World - Kinda Sorta Almost
Old Jan 15, 2019, 5:14 pm
Eastbay1K
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
And so, in anticipation of my next AM trip (in a couple of months), I was perusing the AM website. Although it was just to check on my reservation, I looked at the onboard dining section. Alas, it appears that Chef Enrique Olvera must have sued to get his name off the menu, because now, there's

Elena Reygadas This Mexican chef has created her own culinary world transformed by the dishes of her native country. In 2014, she was awarded the distinction of being Latin America's Best Female Chef. Beyond her signature restaurant, Rosetta, she's also owner of Lardo, Café Nin, three bakeries, and a product line.

I cannot tell you how excited I am for my upcoming trip on AM, knowing that my next menu will be designed by Elena. On the other hand, if you really pay attention to the website, it reads as follows:
W
We recruited a team of highly prestigious international chefs to design our onboard menus
Accordingly, I am concerned, reading this properly, that Ms. Reygadas designed the menu, i.e., the paper thing with print that they will pass out, and will not have designed the food. Time will tell. Approximately two months, to be more specific.