FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rooms Hotel Tbilisi, Georgia - Design Hotel [Master Thread]
Old Jan 15, 2019, 3:41 pm
chad75

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Spent six nights here in December and found it enjoyable enough - however I'm not as enthusiastic about it as other posters.

Booked a Terrace King Room so as the highest category of room obviously didn't get, nor expect, an upgrade. Zero platinum recognition which is no huge deal as not much is on offer at Design Hotels - would have appreciated a couple of free bottles of water at least though.
A bottle of wine and fruit plate was in the room, but I think that is standard for all guests.

Room was ok - loved the bathroom and the bed was quite good. My inner germaphobe wants to believe them when the say the timber shower floors are deeply cleaned - but my inner capitalist looks at the large number of rooms and the limited number of housekeeping staff and wonders. . The floor to ceiling glass doors out to the terrace were great for bringing a lot of natural light into the room and the terrace was a perfect size.

I see on trip advisor the owner gets antsy if any criticism is made of the room design so I wouldn't dare do that - but sometimes a subscription to Wallpaper* doesn't make one a designer. Lots of small quality of life issues that over six nights became annoying - particular with light switches and power outlets, which could be fixed without effecting the design of the room. I also don't think the location of the bath in the living area works - but that is a very subjective personal view.

Also some false advertising in terms of the room - these top floor terrace now look out onto the scaffolding of the construction site on the other side of the courtyard - something not reflected the in the photos on the website and they should really be sold as courtyard view rooms as opposed to the current wording. Also far too much cross advertising of restaurants etc owned by the Hotel owners - ultimately not a huge issue.

Breakfast was included in my rate which was ok, a bit of variety would have been appreciated but no real complaints. Also had an evening meal in the restaurant which was fine - the menu appeared to be trying to hard to be all things but Georgian that it lacked coherence but overall quite good. Also had a meal at the cafe in Stamba which was very poor - certainly not at the level of the Rooms Restaurant.

Bar was fine and location was ok. So enjoyable stay but not something I'd rave too much about. Room was massively overpriced for Georgia in winter.

Bedroom

Bedroom

Bathroom