FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New RA qualifying criteria based on IC Revenue
Old Jan 15, 2019, 12:12 pm
Tim O'Brien

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Isn't it likely that they are going to considerably expand the RA pool by giving RA to those who qualified for Kimpton IC. I suspect this is all just a here and now numbers thing and that future revenue or past spend is now irrelevant.
i don't disagree, evidently the Karma program was popular, with Inner Circle having the same, or similar enjoyment we have with RA, but when they folded into IHG Rewards Club, they had push-back.

i have a feeling they may be only giving Inner Circle to RA's, and not necessarily the other way around, ie not 100% sure Inner Circles are getting RA bestowed upon them. I guess there'd be threads indicating if they are.

the Inner Circle benefits aren't really on par with RA, USD10 or 15 Mini bar, one tier upgrades? etc

re past/future spend, they can't be sure of future spend, but past spend is the best predictor of future spend, so surely they need to focus on 2018 Net IC spend, and for those at the margin, like say yourself, and Stimpy, for example, look at history of RA, Stimpy i believe is 18 years, RA since 2001, so that has to weigh a lot, and avg spend over the years must also be considered.

i'd keep pushing.

Last edited by Tim O'Brien; Jan 15, 2019 at 12:22 pm