FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AS: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed
Old Jan 15, 2019, 11:51 am
emag_eh7

Programs: AS Peon
I'm at MS and considering doing a MR for MVPG as well, even considering the same SEA-RDU flight! Haven't decided if its right for me though...

Edit: After checking my distances again (doing SEA-SAN-SEA x1 and SEA-FAT-SEA x2 organically), I'd actually have to go to BOS instead of RDU. Looks like I'll miss you after all!

Originally Posted by dunadan
I pulled the trigger on a couple of flights to get me to MVP Gold: SEA to RDU on 2/10, and then a long weekend away with the wife in early March PAE to LAX. Bonus: Alaska is offering double miles for flights out of PAE through the end of March, plus the MVP bonus since I'll be over 5k after the RDU trip.

By the end of March I'll have well over 10k, enough for Gold through the end of 2020. We've already got flights booked to Chicago over spring break, and are planning a trip to Europe this summer. Our winter break trip has been to Hawaii recently, and April 2020 we're thinking about an east coast trip, plus summer and Christmas break in 2020. Lots of opportunities to use the first class upgrades and earn the bonus miles.

Anybody have tips for the actual flight part of a mileage run? The RDU round-trip *appears* to be on the same plane, since the return flight leaves a little over an hour after it is scheduled to land. Do the flight attendants give you any extra attention? I'm planning to bring a laptop, headphones, and a book or two.
Just a note, I believe this status is a promotional status of sorts, and only lasts until the end of 2019. Obviously if you would get MVPG anyway then it will last through 2020. I almost certainly wouldn't make Gold otherwise, so my MVPG will only last until the end of this year, making the decision a bit harder.