FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Lost A Customer For Life (AA didn’t renew my CK)
Old Jan 15, 2019, 7:38 am
UAfreqflyer

This is OP here. I have enjoyed reading all the posts. Some harsh. Some sympathetic. I have spent my career in Marketing management positions and I understand the “value of a customer” and I understand “customer retention”. My belief is that AA does not. In spite of what some have asserted, I DID qualify for CK each and every year (spending between $50K-$100K each year in premium cabins). Thankfully I am healthy again and I am back flying again, with two overseas r/t first class flights already this year; not on AA however. My main point is that I stuck with AA over decades through thick and thin, through their best and worst times and this loyalty is of no value to AA going forward. There is no “soft landing” and to me, that is a major marketing faux pas. I continue to spend what I had previously spent but it’s just not going to be on AA. I’m not moaning but just sharing a story of how I think AA, with all their sophisticated metrics (helix and “eagles” and the like), they miss big opportunities to retain valuable past (and future) flyers! Thanks for all the comments!