FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amanresorts Thread 2019
View Single Post
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:34 pm
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Cityflyer10
Personally, I think a more intimate and more public space version (spa, pool, lobby, etc) of Upper House could potentially be fantastic!
And without the high level of service that compares with that of The Upper House, the putative Aman Hong Kong would be just as disappointing to me as the Aman Tokyo—especially based on the relative rates charged.

Heck, without the high level of food/beverage that compares with that of The Upper House, the putative Aman Hong Kong would be just as disappointing to me as the Aman Tokyo—again based on the relative rate charged.

Again, it’s not that hard to build a more luxurious, more impressive hard product. Heck, the Conrad Osaka lobby may even surpass that of the Aman Tokyo.

It’s much more difficult to create a truly impressive service atmosphere. Lately, it seems that Aman doesn’t even try to achieve the high level of service for which it was known best—or even think it has to try. Aman instead is now focusing entirely on offering the best hard product.

Aman used to get away with just fine food/beverage because its hard product and service otheriwde were so much better than everyone else. Now Aman is trying to get away with only the best hard product.

Now other hoteliers have caught on and caught up.