FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Hotel Alliance DISCOVERY Loyalty Program Q+A Thread (ARCHIVE)
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:24 pm
DISCOVERYLady

Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
I was recently upgraded through this promo, however even though it says status will be valid until the end of the following year (i.e. December 2020), my GHA app says my status is only valid until "February 2019".

Perhaps @DISCOVERYLady is able to look into this?
Thanks for the inquiry. As this is a special benefit offered through World Elite MasterCard in Asia Pacific, please contact the World Elite MasterCard concierge who can confirm your eligibility and pass the info to us to adjust the expiration date. Please let me know if we can do anything else to help. Safe travels in 2019!

Originally Posted by barracuda93
Does GHA have any special rates (like IHG Friends and Family for example) or promo-codes that could be publicly used? I really liked Anantara Siam and wish to stay there again, but the best rate I get with Anantara Privilege is still too high. And unlike Marriotts, seems to be impossible to BRG it (even if possible, little use, just 10% extra discount).
We do not have any publicly available friends and family rates, but many of our hotels offer member rates of 10% or more (richer discount than many of our competitors whose member discounts may only be 2 or 3%). We send out Exclusive Offers emails on the 3rd or 4th Monday of every month (depending on how many Mondays!) which have offers of at least 10% (often 20-30% and occasionally 50-60% off) bookable til the following Sunday. Many of our hotels also offer special rates and packages which you can explore in the Special Offers section of discoveryloyalty.com. Happy travels!

Originally Posted by cloud-nine
I've had a great local experience in the past - really nice benefit of the programme, especially on leisure trips which allow a little more time for these things (!)

I was interested by your comment that around half are no stay required. I've just checked for London (travelling further for leisure is harder with the addition of a little one!) - there are none in London which have no stay required. I then looked wider across the UK without any more luck... of the 58 local experiences in the UK, only 2 are no stay required (both in Bristol). Would love to get your thoughts on this - has there been a change of policy?
Sorry for the delayed response! We have been encouraging our hotels to consider offering more "no stay required" Local Experiences .... this is at the discretion of the hotel. Keep checking back --- it also might be worth contacting a hotel that requires a stay to redeem to see if they would allow a redemption without a stay.... let me know if you have any additional questions or comments. thanks!

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Feb 4, 2019 at 4:13 am Reason: consecutive posts merged