View Single Post
Old Jan 14, 19, 9:52 am
tris06

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Chengdu Taihe (before was Wanda) which I have stayed at a few times was bought by another Chinese company. Taihe the company that owns the building so who knows what will happen. But definitely that hotel will need renovation within the next 2 years as the rooms are getting old.

It could be that the hotel in Harbin was sold out of the Wanda portfolio to another Chinese company. Again like the hotel in Chengdu from your pictures it looks like they need to consider a complete renovation in the next 2-3 years.

Accor is a bit in a mess in China. Many development are delayed a few years with no indication of completion. My guess some projects are standstill. I guess a good 30-50 accor hotel developments in China are having difficulties.

I don't think Beijing is in a huge need for a Sofitel/Pullman as the gap between the Novotel and Fairmont is not that huge. But yes it would be better. Both Beijing and Shanghai are mostly well catered for.

If Accor wants to really get ahead of the competition they need to look at opening more Mercures/Novotels or Pullmans in the many more smaller cities (relatively speaking as that city will usually have 2-5 million residents) which are not huge in room count but provide some options outside the more well known cities.