FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thailand Forum Lounge-Thread: Thai News & Open Discussion
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:21 am
Kalboz

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by transpac
There were police with dogs at every BTS station I was at today. It seems like election crisis are brewing again!

I was on the BTS quite a bit both Saturday and Sunday and didn't notice the special branch police or K9 units. It was "Children's Day" (both Sat and Sun), and a bazillion tourists, so trains were packed.

The ruling military Junta wants to push elections out again, for the 14th or 15th time, due to the Coronation, and I think even regular folks are getting a bit tired of the delays? On the plus side, no bar closures or alcohol sales bans over two consecutive weekends when they hold pesky elections. The Junta will allow elections when it is very obvious that they can retain power, and that may take a few more years?

Here's another one with a different dog! This one was on the BTS with us getting off at Phrom Phong.

I'm keen about the Children's Day as my kids fully participated in the festivities at the 2nd Royal Cavalry King's Guards barracks at Sanam Pao