FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: NEWBIE LOUNGE 2019: Ask "Newbie" AA Questions Here (flame free)
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:20 am
nldogbert

Rolling EQD's - How to understand

Hi,

Although I've been quite a long time EXP, previously I've never had much issues satisfying during my 12-month cycle the requirements to requalify. However since the crazy AAdvantage team increased the EQD this year to 15000, this is going to be an issue for me to requalify - therefore based on my upcoming travel for the coming months, I am afraid I will not make it so am deciding now if I should jump ship over to BA to maintain my status (I currently am able to maintain a lower status on BA since I do credit some short J-class flights to BA).

1) I was reading and I see that on the AA page, they do state about this 'Rolling EQD's'. However it is not clear to me how this works - at the end of 2018, I had about 1000+ EDQ over the 12k threshold. This year (2019) - I will get most probably 13500+ EQD's based on what I have already. So how does this work?

2) I have also an itinearary which is mainly AA code-share (AA ticket stock) - but I have no idea how much precisely is the EQD from that ticket (~1500 USD with tax). Do I just check my ticket price and remove all aux. taxes to get the EQD?

For me the main reason to stick with AA is the lower redemption cost and also try to achieve 2MM (still quite need ~ 500k) for the coming years.. But if they keep increasing the requirements to such ridiculous level with not so much benefit improvement (now that they open the Flagship Lounge to basically a free for all and keep Flagship dining to pure F flyers) I am will easily switch to BA (which I fly more often than AA these days).

Cheers!