FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Disappointed aircraft changed from lie flat bed to angle seat!
Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:55 pm
fairhsa

Programs: Qantas (Lifetime Gold), PAL (Elite), British Airways (now sadly blue), Cathay MPO DM
Originally Posted by MeltingAlf
It's a BA award ticket, according to OP. It would probably be difficult, if not impossible, to get compensation.

Also, OP, please do away with your righteousness by saying you "bought" the flight. You redeemed the flight. If you really needed to work right after touch down, then book SQ as people have mentioned here where your lie-flat is for certain. I wouldn't have taken a chance with redeeming flights for work purposes as well if I'd know I'll have to be there at a certain time and date, but that's just me.
I recently complained a lot in another thread about a particularly insidisous load of crap I got from BA. I got a fair amount of "but that's normal on BA, [even if it is crap]". It's was useful to know that the issue was "known" but it wasn't necessarily helpful to be told "I should have known before I booked". Because I'm a CX and mainly Asian flyer, I know the "CX / Asian issues". One of them being the frequency by which CX bait and switches on regional planes. Its happened to me and it sucks. If the OP redeemed BA points, chances are s/he is not a regular Asian flyer and not used to these particular CX anomalies. I think they have every right to be pissed off. No - not everyone knows that CX does it! Or that Singapore Airlines doesn't! And being told that "you didn't pay for the ticket" isn't helpful. If course they did. They just used a different currency. It's still got value and they could have used it for other things that mattered to them which might have been delivered as advertised.

I wish I could offer you a solution but sadly I don't think there is one. But I can offer my sympathy because I don't think it's right and I'm sorry you had a bad experience.