FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)
Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:17 pm
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Chewie
Initial impressions are mixed. My ambassador did reach out to me and asked a bunch of questions (favorite food, snack, drink, birthdays, family info, etc.). But, has not responded to emails. i have two email addresses for her, so, it may be an IT glitch.

I recommend calling her to make sure she’s receiving your emails, and to gently encourage her to respond more quickly if she is. If she doesn’t after another 2-3x, then I’d consider requesting a new Ambassador.

It was interesting that last week, I checked into the Marriott and she was kind enough to send a birthday treat to my room!

Even more interesting is that the hotel charged me for it! Classy.
Oh no they didn’t! Not classy nor appropriate at all. This is a perfect example of how a good Ambassador action can be flummoxed by pitiful execution on the part of a hotel. To be honest, I’d ask to speak to the GM, Director of Rooms, or Director of Front Office about this obvious screw up. I’d ask them to comp the bday gift as it should have been done in the first place, of course, but I’d then ask for a spa treatment, another amenity, room rate reduction, or perhaps points enough for a half night stay by way of apology. That was woefully pitiful customer service, and IMO hotels only learn their lesson when they have to pay something. I’d also copy your Ambassador and the general Ambassador service when communicating with the hotel about it, so the Ambassador team can follow up or pass along the incident to the powers that be.