FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - so tired of having to prove stays. Time for Marriott to figure it out
Old Jan 13, 2019, 12:04 pm
PointWeasel

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by remymartin
I had a stay in October that still hasn't posted and I'm missing two other nights from last year. I contacted the twitter team in December to be told I need to submit folios - as I had no idea which stay the two missing nights were related to (it would have meant I send in all folios for 2018), I concentrated on the the one for October - I submitted a scanned copy of the folio only to be told it wasn't good enough as there was a receipt from the payment terminal on top of the left corner. I had to retrieve the document and scan it again only to notice there wasn't actually anything other than my name under the receipt! I re-submitted and I'm still waiting for something to happen - no, the nights/stays/points haven't posted. Major
Sadly this is Marriott customer service at its finest. Zero common sense.

SPG never, ever hassled for a folio for a missing stay as a Platinum w/ or w/o Ambassador status. In fact, SPG agents would manually post the stay over the phone without question after verifying the reservation details. Now moving forward in truly awesome Marriott incompetence, the agents no longer have access to past stays under our profiles so they cannot even look it up if they wanted to. The more I think about Marriott's awful service, it makes me think of a possible Biz School Case Study on how to f-up a merger/takeover/purchase between two large companies.