FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Canadian SPG American Express
View Single Post
Old Jan 13, 2019, 11:48 am
mikeycanuk

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
Originally Posted by Fizzer
Thank you. This has been a great help and I guess I should have been paying closer attention but my wife looks after paying bills etc. Our anniversary date is April and we hit the 40 k in June. So in April we should see a certificate is what I am understanding and at some time 15 nights credit too.

Thanks again that has been really helpful.
I hit the 40k right around the switch over in Aug(?). I called when that statement generated but no free night was show on the bill. The Amex agent was nice but totally confused and obsessed with the new terms of the switch over. I read the terms of the letter Amex had sent and I faxed that over. Turns out the 1st fax never went through but she called a week later to ask where the fax was. Nice.

Turns out I was right (no kidding) and I would get my free night cert.

....months later. Just showed up one day in my account

and i got an apology letter from Amex

Marriot’s IT system has a hell of a time with it though. I tried to modify a reservation with 2 point nights and the cert. Click on the modify button and..... Nada

canceled the res and 2 days later I emailed CS as my cert still wasn’t back in my account. She put it back in and I made a res but with one person. So I emailed back to the CS agent to modify for 2 people. She did and the system gave back the cert and took the points instead. Grrrrr

Cancelled again but the cert showed up right away so booked for a 3rd time and it’s stable. So far. I might add days if Aeroplan releases the dates I want. 4th time...