FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - City National Bank Crystal Visa Infinite (USA); NY GA TN NV CA MA DC & MN
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:17 am
JoeSmart

Originally Posted by dreamspeed
The only worthwhile use for the points imo is for travel.

I looked up their redemption for flights and it's not bad. Booking flights through their portal is slightly more than what I see the same flights go for on Google flights.
For example, $335 vs $315 Google.

But you get around 1.34 cents per point so it's pretty good. Redemption for gift cards and cash back is garbage as you get less than 1 cent per point.

Realistically you don't need to max out the AUs to get good value. If you just get 2 x $250 GCs that already more than covers your Annual fee. On top of that you get all the premium benefits of a Visa Infinite card (100 dollar airline discounts, primary CDW, travel insurance, no Forex fees, etc etc). Basically the same perks as a CSR
Question about Primary CDW, I realize the website says that in the terms of the card, but in the guide to benefits that comes with the T&Cs it is very vague, as the word primary is never used. Bullet point # 9 under "what is not covered" on pg 2 says, "Expenses reimbursable by your insurer, employer, or employer's insurance."

This leads me to believe that it is secondary, right? Primary CDW is actually quite important in my opinion.