FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Back-to-back / Immediate Turnarounds at BA Destinations
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:05 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by docmcdreamy
As a Brit, would you recommend a domestic B2B flight after 30 March/Brexit?
I just need 2 more BA flights to be Silver so want a fuss free, quick and cheap journey. Was thinking LON-AMS but not sure what is happening post Brexit. Maybe LON-EDIN/INV/NCL?? Any recommendations??
Also I cannot book return tickets coz of the MTA rules, so do people book tickets separately?
You may want to read some of the comments upthread, but one key feature of B2Bs is the possibility or even probability of doing this on separate tickets in order to leverage lower fares. But if it is about Eligible Flights then some B2B can be done as one ticket, if the airport has a short MCT, but you do need to call up to book, due to limitations in BA.com's functionality here. So for example NCL has an MCT of 30 minutes and all BA's turnarounds take more than that. GLA is the next easiest, then EDI and ABZ, all are straightforward. INV is actually slightly trickier than most, it only features so much in this thread due to the impact of APD on longer flights. So if it was for Eligible Flights it wouldn't be my first choice.

As for Brexit, we may know more in the next few days, but personally I think AMS and CPH would, er, remain good places for a turnaround, I can't see either airport swapping infrastructure around immediately, nor is there is an immediately clear need for it to happen at least for the rest of 2019.