FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] TP/BA and CX First: Portugal to Hong Kong €1338 one way
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:46 am
absoluy
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Venezuela-Miami
Actually I was tempted to book via LHR just for the Lounge, but in the rush of not losing this flash sale too, didn't wanted to take any chances by visa issues at LHR (actually double checked later and for the ~8hrs transit didn't needed one) so I opted for the LIS-FRA Routing.

I haven't checked what i'm entitled to use in FRA , today i'm doing the full research.

I also appreciate if you can chime in about the next best option for seats, as this is my first time flying CX (and tbh it's nothing I can surely repeat in the short term) I really wanted to experience 2A, but even flying as far as May I called and it's not available, also tried 1A and is taken too.
In FRA you would have access to Cathay's own lounge. There's also a JAL lounge, but it opens after the Cathay flight has departed. The FRA CX lounge is pretty basic... not worth spending more than an hour or so in. Less if you have other things to do/see.

1A/2A are definitely my preferred seats as a solo traveller (or even when travelling with a friend, since you get your "own" side of the plane. As to the others, they all look pretty equal. Maybe try asking again closer to the departure date - it's also worth trying Cathay's twitter team. They're very helpful and it avoids having to make a call.