FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New RA qualifying criteria based on IC Revenue
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:31 am
mellon
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Luxuryloyalty
By publishing a criteria would you prefer to have a tier that is unable to guarantee the benefits due to the number of members and a deteriorating club lounge product due to no re-investment from owners or an invitational tier that is evaluated on revenue spend and behaviours to ensure the guaranteed benefits can be delivered consistently?

Was the Royal challenge introduced to select members in November a trial to understand if, in fact, it changes behaviours, enabling those select members the opportunity be guaranteed their status?

Spire Ambassador is the highest published tier and Royal Ambassador the invitational tier of InterContinental, as is Diamond Medalian and 360 at Delta or BA Executive Club Premier.
I have been RA for easily 10+ years and as a non drinker I very seldom have any booze from the minibar, however I do have friends and 1 in 10 stay the mini bar gets a hit. ( but really in most hotel there is only 10 mini bottles and a 2 beers) So not sure how much of a savings the new rules will be. with FOOD being free for sure I can use the $50 a night.
Oh and come on deciding who get RA status should have been done at the latest Jan 1, probably 50% of my stays are 2 rooms. ( if my status is denied my next 25 booked stays will be cancelled.) Spire Elite status is a joke its truly worthless.