Old Jan 13, 19, 6:35 am
scubadu

Programs: AA PLT, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides View Post
Just off the top of my head, the new restrictions will affect members flying other airlines at least at the following domestic locations (possibly more): ATL, AUS, DCA, DEN, DFW, IAH, ORD, LAX, MCO, SNA
Yep, we're in AUS and primarly AA, but have on occasion used it for WN, UA, DL, and Alaska (but that will still work). I don't complain about too many changes, they are what they are, and my complaining has little impact. However, with this one, we are seriously considering whether to renew the AA Exec card when it comes due in March. Normally, we get great value out of the membership and don't really scrutinize the cost. However, we are also beginning to "play the field" this year with other airlines, given the EQD requirements with AA. So, if I can't use my home lounge for say 50% of my flights then not sure if we'll renew or not.

I'm as frustrated as anyone about the crowding in lounges, but I can't envision that on any given day the number of club members using the lounge when flying a non-AA airline could be very high, but maybe its more than I thought.

Regards